On the side...

iChat Status

Only search

Web Standards Group Member Made on a Macintosh I use Mac OS X Made wiht RapidWeaver
Jul 2014
Nov 2013
Jan 2006
Jun 2005
May 2005
Apr 2005
Mar 2005
Feb 2005
Jan 2005
Dec 2004
Nov 2004

Headed for Topeka!

Well, tomorrow I'll be on my way to Topeka to see Rebbie, Kenny & Brianna. I can hardly wait. I haven't seen them since Christmas. I'll be taking off around 4 a.m. in the wee hours. It's a nine to ten hour drive, depending on traffic (and how heavy my foot gets), so I should be there between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m.

Rebbie & I have our first hearings in custody court for the kids on March 2nd. Wish we didn't have to go thru all of this because all that's happening because Rebbie & I believe that bringing them to Texas so we can all be a family together is the best thing for them. It's time they had some stability and a real family environment. In the end, Rebbie & I know that, ultimately, it's going to happen any way; but with the kids dads trying to block every turn, it's taking a toll on the kids.

Kenny & Brianna often tell me how much they wish they were already here. I wonder why the dads aren't listening if they are truly interested in what's best for Kenny & Bri. I guess the only way to prove that they want to move here is to work with the court and get the guardians ad litem appointed to them next week.

Valentine's day approaching...

Regrettably, I can't travel to Topeka to be with Rebbie on Valentine's day, but I've ordered a nice arrangement of roses to be delivered to her. I'll be sure to call her, too, to give her my love.

I hope we can resolve the child custody issues soon, so we can finally all be together here. Hopefully, we get these matter resolved soon. Rebbie & I will be headed to custody and child-support hearings on March 2nd to finally begin the process. It seems to me, though, that Kenny's & Bri's dads aren't putting their children's interests first, but rather their own.

Rebbie & I are going to try to get guardians ad litem appointed to Kenny and Brianna, so that their voices are represented in court. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Back to the new website

Okay, I've put it off long enough. I need to get back to work on the family website. The trouble I'm having is that between the tools I'm using and what I want to accomplish, I'm running up against some tough problems. I know that there's a new version of RapidWeaver coming, so I haven't made up my mind whether to publish the site now, or wait for the new version that will do what I know is coming.

Being a beta-release tester for Realmac Software has its upsides and downsides. Knowing what's coming is a double-edged sword for me. But after weighing everything, I think I'll continue with the work and publish it when RapidWeaver 3.1 is finally released.